Pages

EXkurogane's Room: Re-visit & Updates!


Abandoned this post for quite some time already I guess? I didn’t have time to take photos of my room, but now I’m having a week’s break, and it’s the best time for me take some pics on how my room looks like now. Old photos I have posted here have been removed except for a couple of them, so that there is no excessive scrolling hassle. =)

Well, I do still retain an old photo here: when all my gunplas are fully “deployed”.
Photobucket



Now, my room has changed quite a bit – in the contents on display. Nothing fancy such as wall scrolls and posters everywhere, hentai cushion cover and dakimakura, though I wish to have them LOL. My parents have problems with me pasting posters. Not sure about wall scrolls though. 

That dumb old radio is disposed, now with a stack of figure boxes (some valuable figures are kept in them, notably Saber Lily and Haruhi Gekisou).  The shelves also filled with figures, and only Master Grade Gundam kits are displayed. I’m beginning to find having excessive amounts of Gunpla can be annoying. >.< I’ll explain more below. Saber Lily is worth USD $300; her auction value in Yahoo Japan Auctions starts at 21,000yen, and Haruhi Gekisou is worth 18,000yen.


No gaming desktop PCs to save space in my room (they are placed in other room).

Many of my friends took a liking on my shelf when I posted them in facebook. I find it to be nothing fancy, but I suppose, then you look at other people’s  stuff, they look very nice compared to your own, and the same concept works vice versa.


 BTW, these shelves are custom made, at least half a dozen years old already.  Old story. I still remember the furniture designer/architect brought me a few concept line arts and sketches for me to choose before renovation was done. My bed’s base, clothes cabinet, and the shelf is a set, costing over RM 3100 (USD $1000). That excludes the also-custom large table, and all the shelves, cabinets and drawers lining by the side towards those by the window. Well, I prefer wood furniture, and they are expensive.




So, basically, the side of my huge table, which is intended for “planting” wall shelves, or to have 2 or 3 IKEA detolfs placed side by side, is occupied by a stack of boxes. Figure boxes stacked on 4 to 5 MG gunpla boxes. Those gunpla boxes are not empty – they are filled to the brim with old 1/144 HG gunplas, the ones I kept in this cabinet below, half of them (1/144 scales only) are kept in these boxes now. My extra runners, plastic, tools, decals and other accessories are stored in a small too box and a drawer.






I happened to notice how problematic it can be to have no enclosed detolfs, but unlikely to get one soon due to inconvenience. I live in the Penang State (mainland) of Malaysia, and for a state that is quite developed after Selangor and the capital Kuala Lumpur, there is no IKEA stores here at all. There IKEA store in KL does not provide delivery service to Penang (I’m willing to pay an extra hundred for the shipment though), speaking about 350 kilometres of distance. So, I can’t display maximum number of gunpla without saving space, and accidentally knocking them over occasionally. You won’t accidentally knock over a figure easily.

I don’t really want to buy extra action bases – they are freakin’ expensive in my country (almost all Gunpla accessories are, including markers). You can buy a HG 1/144 with the price of just 2 Action  bases. Only Gunpla is cheap in Malaysia.