Apple iPad2
Gadget fans and tech geeks sure are anticipating this tablet. No doubt. I joined in the fray posting about it, even if it has nothing to do about the main contents of my blog. There are 2 reasons - I want join the currently trending stuff so that i could get my blog up the search engine in Google, and the 2nd reason - i am interested as well. To be frank, I'm not a fan of Apple products for many reasons, and i definitely dislike the iPhone.
However, i buy something not by showing support towards a particular brand, i buy something that is practical, and suits what i want to do with it. Many people have been going for powerful phones for multitasking and web surfing, but whether your phone's screen is 3 inches or 4.3 inches, it is still too small to be convenient for me. A tablet would be ideal.
The iPad2 will be released on [I don't care what date, but it is supposed to be this month] because Malaysian may have to wait for months for them to arrive, and they havent preorder opened. Although it has more features than the first one, the price tags remains the same. The first iPad already had their priced brought down by now. I always criticised iPad for not having either a card slot or a USB port, and it seems this one does not mend that problem either. I was seriously considering Android tablets but there were too overpriced - you could buy a laptop with the price. Well, since my purpose is to use the tablet for studies (powerpoint slides), read ebooks, and online surfing, i can forgive the lack of USB and card slot for now, since i dont plan to use it as a media device, although it has 2 cameras with 720p Video recording capability. The list below is the price tags.
16Gb Wifi only is considerably cheap, the same price as my current phone, Nokia N8. Many may have criticised N8 for being poor in web browsing, but that is not my main purpose of buying the phone - i want a media powerhouse for a phone. The phone packs 12MP camera, 720p recording, has HDMI port, USB port (flashdrive compatible), supports a large number of video codecs, has bluetooth 3.0 file transfer and FM Transmitter. iPhone4 had none of these except USB, but only for charging. The camera on iP4 was under par (the photos may look nice, but as you examine further the photos are oversaturated). Although, it might be wiser to watch vids on the iPad but limited space becomes a hindrance. There is no need to go for a top range/most expensive variations when new gadgets get released annually.
Here's a list of specs just in case you are interested. I'm sure many buy the iPad for multimedia features given it has dup core processor, and games. I need it for some serious business stuff. Photography and music - I'll still rely on my phone.
The question here is how long will it take for me to save up, as a college student, given that i already spent 500 dollars on a phone, and another few hundred in shopping. And, i have preorders too... >.< I'm glad i cut down my shopping quantity already, and i may have to cancel off PG Strike Freedom if i want this. Hey, it makes studies easier, and gives you another advantage - showing off in campus. Hahahahahahaha